Chop Cheong Bee: How a poultry farm automated end-to-end systems from farm management to sales
CCB supplies live chickens across Malaysia and Singapore. After many years of developing the farm, CCB was recognised as the ‘Outstanding Broiler Farm’ at the Malaysian Livestock Industry Awards 2018.
As the business grew and became more complex, CCB was experiencing inefficiencies in field data collection, real-time farm monitoring and or der management. They needed a customised digital platform to integrate front and back-office processes into one central hub.
- Farming and distributing live chickens to markets across Malaysia and Singapore, providing millions of people with affordable meat, CCB’s manual processes were slowing growth
- Existing software only managed financial accounts, so business insights were limited
- Manual data analysis was time-consuming and susceptible to human error
- As the production plant grew and became more complex, CCB faced several inefficient operations such as on field data collection, real-time farm monitoring and order management
- By digitising all aspects of the broiler farm, from housing day-old chicks through to their sale, cash flow has improved by optimising the use of resources
- Recording age and weight of poultry now takes one farmer half a day, previously taking 4 farmers 3 days
- Before 6 staff were needed for data entry, now 4 have been transferred to the HR department
- End-to-end automation eliminates errors, improves quality, increases staff productivity and lowers costs
- Real-time business data and tracking enables management to make informed decisions
- Less waste of poultry livestock due to better analysis and monitoring during production
- With integrated and customisable modules for accounting, field activities, farm management, planning and analytics, SAP Business One streamlines and standardises farming operations from end to end
- CCB engaged SAP Platinum Partner Axxis Consulting as they are experts in using SAP Business One to streamline small businesses, with proven experience in farming, agriculture and distribution
Chop Cheong Bee
Chop Cheong Bee Sdn. Bhd (CCB) was founded in 1985, one of the largest groups of commercial chicken farmers in Malaysia which is able to produce about 280 to 340 million chickens annually and deal with 80 to 100 customers per day. CCB provides millions of people with affordable and nutritious meat with an extensive value chain across the industry that includes chicken farms and poultry logistics. CCB is marketing the supply of live chickens to the local market and even penetrating the Singaporean market.